About Me

My Photo
Rev. Sister Pixie Snakes
San Francisco, California, United States
Rev. Sister Pixie Snakes is an anarchist punk kid from the stars who rides motorcycles, lives in a warehouse, gardens traditional medicinal herbs, heals with reiki and folk remedies, reads cards and tea leaves, observes the sky, practices Druidism and Hinduism, and loves dogs
View my complete profile

Weekly Readings

I ask, "what do the listeners need to hear this week?" If you are drawn to this listing it is no accident! This message is for you and you have been divinely guided to hear it today. I read from whatever deck calls to me at the moment or by using whatever method I am divinely inspired to use to channel this wisdom for you. Look for updates weekly on Saturday or Sunday or more frequently. Listen Here

Talk to Me

online psychic readingonline psychic reading

Chat with me on Twitter

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

The Daily Puppy

Search

Loading...

Blog Archive

Friday, May 25, 2012

Key Of Solomon the King (technomagic)

(Edited to add: I am no longer blogging here. Please see ReadingsforallBeings.com for my updated blog.)  

The Key of Solomon the King is a really fantastic little book that has been highly influential on Western magical traditions. This book includes important information such as planetary hours and days, magical symbols called pentacles (Fourth Pentacle of the Sun, Seventh Pentacle of Jupiter, etc), and how to use and construct ceremonial magical tools that you often see in Wiccan and other pagan traditions. I think most people are going to recognize the pentacles, but if you read the book closely you'll notice that a lot of the material has made it into Wicca, witchcraft, and even folk traditions like hoodoo and curanderismo. The text is very monotheistic with a very heavy dose of Qabala as a basis for the magic. If you are not a monotheistic person you can easily adapt the text to your personal spiritual belief and language.

I personally have only worked with the pentacles. Since you can find them as graphics online or scan the graphics they make for excellent techno magical talismans. I will load the image of a pentacle on my electronic device or server. As the harddrive, processors, and circuitry run they charge the image with power and do your spellwork. It's very simple and can be very effective as part of a spell.

I haven't worked with any of the spells in the book but there are some really fantastic ones with all the old Renaissance instructions for using rabbit blood and toad skins and virgin wool. It is entirely possible to do these spells with some modern adaptation though I haven't tried myself.

Browse a copy online at the Sacred Text Archive Key of Solomon the King

0 comments:

Post a Comment